Is this the God in whom you believe?
Robert
2024-01-25 20:12:56 UTC
Or Not?

Psa 103:1-22

1Psalm of David. Bless the LORD, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless
His holy name.

2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits;

3 Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases,

4 Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness
and tender mercies,

5 Who satisfies your desires with good things; your youth is renewed like the
eagle’s.

6 The LORD executes righteousness and judgment for all who are oppressed.

7 He made known His ways unto Moses, His acts unto the children of Israel.

8 The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abundant in mercy.

9 He will not always chasten, nor will He keep His anger forever.

10 He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor rewarded us according
to our iniquities,

11 For as the heavens are high above the earth, so is His mercy toward those
who fear Him.

12 As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our
transgressions from us.

13 As a father has compassion upon his children, so the LORD has compassion
upon those who fear Him,

14 For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust.

15 As for man, his days are as grass; as a flower of the field, so he
flourishes,

16 For the wind passes over it, and it is gone; and its place shall know it
no more.

17 But the steadfast love of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon
those who fear Him, and His righteousness is unto children's children,

18 To those who keep His covenant, and to those who remember His precepts to
do them.

19 The LORD has established His throne in the heavens; and His kingdom rules
over all.

20 Bless the LORD, O you His angels, mighty in strength, who do His
commandments, hearkening unto the voice of His word.

21 Bless the LORD, all you His hosts, ministers of His who do His pleasure.

22 Bless the LORD, all His works in all places of His dominion. Bless the
LORD, O my soul!

Is this not the same God today as then?
Or does your words deny these things?
If so, then why not get straight with God?
pyotr filipivich
2024-02-10 22:32:28 UTC
Post by Robert
[...]
Psalm 57 [58 Si vere utique]
To the chief Musician, Altaschith, Michtam of David.
1 Do ye indeed speak righteousness, O congregation?
do ye judge uprightly, O ye sons of men?
2 Yea, in heart ye work wickedness;
ye weigh the violence of your hands in the earth.
3 The wicked are estranged from the womb;
they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.
4 Their poison is like the poison of a serpent;
they are like the deaf adder that stoppeth her ear;
5 Which will not hearken to the voice of charmers,
charming never so wisely.
6 Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth;
break out the great teeth of the young lions, O Lord.
7 Let them melt away as waters which run continually;
when he bendeth his bow to shoot his arrows, let them be as cut in
pieces.
8 As a snail which melteth, let every one of them pass away:
like the untimely birth of a woman, that they may not see the sun.
9 Before your pots can feel the thorns,
he shall take them away as with a whirlwind, both living, and in his
wrath.
10 The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance;
he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.
11 So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the
righteous;
verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth.
--
pyotr
After the war two Army Chaplains were mustering out. The one said to