Something sinner Christians don't want to see.
Robert
2024-02-25 17:59:45 UTC
Speaking of which the old
covenant had in it the provisions for healings and miracles of the Lord for
those days.
You must appeal to and try to confuse
the old covenant with the new, because
the New covenant does not promise
physical healing and physical blessings,
but superior, spiritual blessings.
“Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being
dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were
healed.” (1Pe 2:24)

“But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our
iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes
we are healed.” (Isa 53:5)

According to God, and not you, Jesus spoke and said this IS part of the
Kingdom of God.

“And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God
is come nigh unto you.” (Luk 10:9)

So the theology of your mind has been shown to be in total error, as this was
written 2K years before you ever held a Bible in your hands.

NOW is the time to establish HIS WORD into your heart and by the renewing of
your mind, there too as well.

Not only do you deny this to all those “10’s of thousands” who read
you, but to those in any congregations you preach to, PLUS, you deny the
availability of these things to not only yourself (which is bad enough) but
to your family as well. The people who expect you to love them and have their
best interest in heart.
Robert
2024-02-26 02:27:46 UTC
On Sun, 25 Feb 2024 09:59:45 -0800,
Post by Robert
Speaking of which the old
covenant had in it the provisions for healings and miracles of the Lord for
those days.
You must appeal to and try to confuse
the old covenant with the new, because
the New covenant does not promise
physical healing and physical blessings,
but superior, spiritual blessings.
“Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being
dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were
healed.” (1Pe 2:24)
If you don't right there, in that verse,
it's talking about being healed with
regard to our sins and the ability to
live righteously, and not talking about
physical healing, then I can't help you.
What an ego, it is the Lord that works within, If one allows him to.

“That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,
Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.” (Mat 8:17)

v24 in Peter where healing was mentioned is related to sickness, etc.

Else why does your sin nature constantly rear its ugly head? It is the
Heavenly Father who imparts to us His righteousness, what does that
“heal”?

Born Again, is rebirth, not healing.

James speaks of Healings of the body, when one goes to their elders for pray,
and then it says, “and IF they gave committed any sin, it shall be forgiven
them”, but not you.

Praise the Lord, I have him to lean on, and not you. I also have his word
which counters yours, so you are correct, You cannot help anyone.

So is there any reason I should read the rest of this post?
Post by Robert
“But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our
iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes
we are healed.” (Isa 53:5)
Which, as you point out from Peter,
refers to believers being healed from
their sins and enabled to live
righteously. That's how it applies to
us.
Post by Robert
According to God, and not you, Jesus spoke and said this IS part of the
Kingdom of God.
“And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God
is come nigh unto you.” (Luk 10:9)
At that time, Jesus was offering Israel
the kingdom promised in the OT. The
healings validated the Kingdom message,
and Jesus as Messiah (Matthew 11:2-6).
“And when John had heard in prison about
the works of Christ, he sent two of his
disciples and said to Him, “Are You the
Coming One, or do we look for another?”
Jesus answered and said to them, “Go and
tell John the things which you hear and
see: The blind see and the lame walk;
the lepers are cleansed and the deaf
hear; the dead are raised up and the
poor have the gospel preached to them.
And blessed is he who is not offended
because of Me.”” (Matthew 11:2–6, NKJV)
We know that Israel rejected Christ as
the Messiah, so he postponed His kingdom
plan, and God opened the door of
salvation to the Gentiles (Romans 9-11).
Thus, this was a temporary condition
that was intended to validate Christ as
the Messiah to Israel. In like manner,
the gospel message was validated by
signs and wonders when it first came out
to the church (Hebrews 2:3).
So as much as you are malcontended with
the superior, spiritual blessings
offered to the church in the New
Covenant, physical healing is not
something God promises to church-age
believers.
That's not to say God cannot or never
will heal a person who requests it in
answer prayer, or that it's wrong to ask
for physical healing, just that it's not
a promise that you can demand of God, or
even expect as something you're entitled
to.
You should acknowledge God's superior
understanding and will about what's best
for you, and pray "nevertheless, not my
will but thine be done". You should
trust that God will do what's best, even
if that doesn't mean you getting
Post by Robert
So the theology of your mind has been shown to be in total error, as this was
written 2K years before you ever held a Bible in your hands.
In your carnal, malcontented delusions
(see above).
Post by Robert
NOW is the time to establish HIS WORD into your heart and by the renewing of
your mind, there too as well.
Sorry, but misappropriating (in
malcontentment) promises that were never
made to the church, is not part of
renewing my mind.
Post by Robert
Not only do you deny this to all those “10’s of thousands” who read
you, but to those in any congregations you preach to,
Christ is the substance of which the Old
Covenant was just a shadow. It is the
spiritual blessings which are the
superior blessings, not the physical.
You accuse people who are content with
the superior blessings of the New
Covenant of being carnal, when it is you
who is malcontented and carnal (like
Esau who sold his birthright for a
single bowl of soup to fill his physical
belly), for promoting malcontenment with
the New Covenant blessings God promised
to the church.
Post by Robert
PLUS, you deny the
availability of these things to not only yourself (which is bad enough) but
to your family as well. The people who expect you to love them and have their
best interest in heart.
Non-sequitur. It does not follow that
acknowledging God's will in prayer
("nevertheless not my will, but thine be
done"), somehow robs people of what is
best for them or owed to them. You don't
know what's best for people, God does.
Physical healing may or may not be
what's best for God's people at any
given time.
For example, God intended for Paul to be
buffeted by thorns in the flesh, to keep
him from becoming arrogant about the
revelations God gave him. According to
you, Paul would have been better off if
those thorns in the flesh were removed,
so God robbed him of that healing. In
reality, God knew that without them,
Paul would have become arrogant and
unfit for ministry.
You promote malcontentment with God's
will being done, as if you know better
(arrogance), and you promote
malcontentment with the superior
spiritual promises God offers in the New
Covenant ("profane" like Esau).
For measure, you label those who
acknowledge that God knows better and
who are content with the superior,
spiritual blessings, as being the ones
who are "carnal" and who lack faith. It
is you who is carnal and who lacks faith
in God's superior wisdom and spiritual
blessings, like Esau.